In Washington, Philadelphia and New York, no measurable snow has fallen. Snowfall in the Allegheny Mountains is running 2 to 3 feet below average. Amounts are also below normal in the Catskills of New York and the Green and White mountains of Vermont and New Hampshire. The snow drought continues as one travels south through the Appalachians. The coldest and snowiest parts of the Mid-Atlantic have seen historically low snowfall so far. The West Coast is stealing much of the East Coast’s snow as a parade of storms bombards California.
More from WeatherMore posts in Weather »
- Widespread freezing forecasted before a Tuesday with more sunshine
- China just had the lowest temperature on record, minus 63 degrees.
- Developing storm will bring tornado hazard to the Gulf Coast and snow to the north
- How Turkey was covered by a cloud in the shape of a saucer on Thursday
- A new comet has emerged, but you’ll need to put forth some effort to notice it.