2023 is bursting with planet power. After a few quiet celestial months, western sky gazers have a chance to see Venus and Jupiter put on an illuminating show. Throughout the entire month of June, Venus and Mars will hang in the sky like planets in March. The Perseid meteor shower will be chock-full of slinging meteors, with up to 100 per hour, during its peak the night of Aug. 12. The show will be unobscured by the moon this year as the moon will be illuminating at 10 percent capacity.
More from WeatherMore posts in Weather »
- Widespread freezing forecasted before a Tuesday with more sunshine
- China just had the lowest temperature on record, minus 63 degrees.
- Developing storm will bring tornado hazard to the Gulf Coast and snow to the north
- How Turkey was covered by a cloud in the shape of a saucer on Thursday
- A new comet has emerged, but you’ll need to put forth some effort to notice it.