Computer models project mild weather for the eastern United States into the middle of December. The key to a cold, snowy pattern is an evolution of a high-pressure zone in the North Atlantic. A pair of weak storm systems could bring some minor wintry weather to parts of the Northeast. Computer models project a major storm over the central United States next week. The storm could bring near-blizzard conditions to the northern Plains and Upper Midwest. It may also be a catalyst for colder weather in the eastern half of the U.S., as high pressure builds over Alaska.
More from WeatherMore posts in Weather »
- Widespread freezing forecasted before a Tuesday with more sunshine
- China just had the lowest temperature on record, minus 63 degrees.
- Developing storm will bring tornado hazard to the Gulf Coast and snow to the north
- How Turkey was covered by a cloud in the shape of a saucer on Thursday
- A new comet has emerged, but you’ll need to put forth some effort to notice it.