Since December, California has seen more than 24 trillion gallons of water fall from the sky. More than a foot of rain has fallen in the lowlands, eight feet in the Sierra Nevada. About 1 to 2 inches of rain is forecast for lower elevations and 2 to 4 inches in the hills. A backcountry avalanche watch is in effect for the Sierra Nevada. The last in the series of major storm systems will dive into California on Sunday night.
More from WeatherMore posts in Weather »
- Widespread freezing forecasted before a Tuesday with more sunshine
- China just had the lowest temperature on record, minus 63 degrees.
- Developing storm will bring tornado hazard to the Gulf Coast and snow to the north
- How Turkey was covered by a cloud in the shape of a saucer on Thursday
- A new comet has emerged, but you’ll need to put forth some effort to notice it.