The storm has already taken the lives of 28 people in Erie County. “I think a travel ban should have been put in place a lot earlier,” an EMT says. The blizzard struck right before Christmas, when many government agencies were already short-staffed. Ambulances could not get to some neighborhoods for more than 24 hours due to blinding snow and high winds.
More from WeatherMore posts in Weather »
- Widespread freezing forecasted before a Tuesday with more sunshine
- China just had the lowest temperature on record, minus 63 degrees.
- Developing storm will bring tornado hazard to the Gulf Coast and snow to the north
- How Turkey was covered by a cloud in the shape of a saucer on Thursday
- A new comet has emerged, but you’ll need to put forth some effort to notice it.