The death toll from Buffalo’s blizzard has risen to 47. An additional three people died after cardiac events that were witnessed by friends or family but couldn’t get help. The majority of the dead in Erie County were found outside or in their cars, and 26 of the 46 were people of color. Buffalo’s lack of involvement in emergency response efforts is not new, a former county employee says. The city’s fire commissioner went on a pre-planned vacation during the blizzard. Without an official emergency manager, the fire department has been handling those duties.
More from WeatherMore posts in Weather »
- Widespread freezing forecasted before a Tuesday with more sunshine
- China just had the lowest temperature on record, minus 63 degrees.
- Developing storm will bring tornado hazard to the Gulf Coast and snow to the north
- How Turkey was covered by a cloud in the shape of a saucer on Thursday
- A new comet has emerged, but you’ll need to put forth some effort to notice it.