Tonight: Northwesterly breezes head toward nearly calm conditions, especially after midnight. Tomorrow: We likely run several degrees chillier than Saturday, with temperatures only reaching the upper 30s to low 40s. The thermometer and wind chill may be about 10 degrees colder tomorrow. Vorticity is the strength of rotation present at a given moment and is represented by the color-coding of these eddies (perturbations) swirling and spinning off from the main low pressure system. In this case, we are receiving clouds from these “shortwaves” that are rotating off of the Great Lakes.
More from WeatherMore posts in Weather »
- Widespread freezing forecasted before a Tuesday with more sunshine
- China just had the lowest temperature on record, minus 63 degrees.
- Developing storm will bring tornado hazard to the Gulf Coast and snow to the north
- How Turkey was covered by a cloud in the shape of a saucer on Thursday
- A new comet has emerged, but you’ll need to put forth some effort to notice it.