Dew points falling through the 60s were noticeably drier this afternoon than in recent times, with highs in the comparatively pleasant mid-80s. The extended forecast seems to suggest we might knock out the rest of August, which is going a long way. It's a little too soon to try to claim we’re done with heat this summer.
More from WeatherMore posts in Weather »
- P.M. Update: Delightful weather through the weekend
- D.C.-area forecast: Humidity disappears as mainly clear skies take hold
- Flood watch: Heavy storms probable in D.C. area this afternoon and evening
- D.C.-area forecast: Storm chances higher today before a totally different weather pattern
- D.C.-area forecast: Oppressive heat and humidity before outrageously nice weekend