Mountain snow and lowland rain are likely in the West. Some flooding may arise from Oklahoma to Tennessee as storm systems head east. East of the Rockies, the jet is climbing toward the north, promoting a flow of warm, humid air from the Gulf of Mexico. A zone of low pressure is moving through northern California, enhancing rain and snow chances. One to two inches of rain fell near the coast of California this weekend. Seattle has already recorded 4.4 inches of snow to start the winter, sixth-snowiest start on record.
More from WeatherMore posts in Weather »
- Widespread freezing forecasted before a Tuesday with more sunshine
- China just had the lowest temperature on record, minus 63 degrees.
- Developing storm will bring tornado hazard to the Gulf Coast and snow to the north
- How Turkey was covered by a cloud in the shape of a saucer on Thursday
- A new comet has emerged, but you’ll need to put forth some effort to notice it.