Wednesday night’s sunset offered many reasons to look up. The sky was filled with orange and purple light, a soft glow and bumpy clouds that extended for miles. It was the last sunset before 5 p.m. in Washington before the solstice; Thursday’s will be the first since Nov. 8.
More from WeatherMore posts in Weather »
- Widespread freezing forecasted before a Tuesday with more sunshine
- China just had the lowest temperature on record, minus 63 degrees.
- Developing storm will bring tornado hazard to the Gulf Coast and snow to the north
- How Turkey was covered by a cloud in the shape of a saucer on Thursday
- A new comet has emerged, but you’ll need to put forth some effort to notice it.