A massive storm system has plagued the Lower 48 states for more than a week. The multifaceted storm unloaded staggering amounts of snow and rain on its cross-country journey. At least 38 tornadoes have been confirmed, with that number to climb as storm surveys are completed. 15 tornadoes have been classified as EF2 or higher on the 0-to-5 scale for twister intensity. New Orleans was hit by a tornado for a second time in less than nine months. At least 18 states so far have reported at least a foot of snowfall.
More from WeatherMore posts in Weather »
- Widespread freezing forecasted before a Tuesday with more sunshine
- China just had the lowest temperature on record, minus 63 degrees.
- Developing storm will bring tornado hazard to the Gulf Coast and snow to the north
- How Turkey was covered by a cloud in the shape of a saucer on Thursday
- A new comet has emerged, but you’ll need to put forth some effort to notice it.