There’s a surprising amount of science that goes into the clothing we wear. The most important advice, even if you ignore everything else on this page, is to dress in layers. Moisture is the kiss of death on a cold day, whether it’s from rain or perspiration. Most of your body heat is lost through your head. Protect your extremities by wearing a hat that covers your ears, waterproof gloves and wool socks. Your outer layer should be waterproof, but should also have vents or breathable fabric so your perspiration can evaporate off the interior layers.
More from WeatherMore posts in Weather »
- Widespread freezing forecasted before a Tuesday with more sunshine
- China just had the lowest temperature on record, minus 63 degrees.
- Developing storm will bring tornado hazard to the Gulf Coast and snow to the north
- How Turkey was covered by a cloud in the shape of a saucer on Thursday
- A new comet has emerged, but you’ll need to put forth some effort to notice it.