Blizzard warnings and advisories issued for much of the U.S. from Kansas City to Buffalo. Southern states will be smacked with gusty winds and frigid air. Subzero wind chills will expand as far south as Texas and northern portions of Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama and Georgia. Clear heavy wet snow with a degree of caution because removal can cause overexertion and, in some cases, heart attacks. Leaf-clogged gutters have the potential to cause serious damage to homes even during blizzards. Be wary of using generators and combustible forms of energy indoors for heat.
More from WeatherMore posts in Weather »
- Widespread freezing forecasted before a Tuesday with more sunshine
- China just had the lowest temperature on record, minus 63 degrees.
- Developing storm will bring tornado hazard to the Gulf Coast and snow to the north
- How Turkey was covered by a cloud in the shape of a saucer on Thursday
- A new comet has emerged, but you’ll need to put forth some effort to notice it.