The first day of meteorological winter, which runs from Dec. 1 to Feb. 28, will get your attention with highs more typical of the heart of the season. Temperatures zip back up to mild levels by Saturday but showers dampen much of the day.
More from WeatherMore posts in Weather »
- Widespread freezing forecasted before a Tuesday with more sunshine
- China just had the lowest temperature on record, minus 63 degrees.
- Developing storm will bring tornado hazard to the Gulf Coast and snow to the north
- How Turkey was covered by a cloud in the shape of a saucer on Thursday
- A new comet has emerged, but you’ll need to put forth some effort to notice it.