A large low-pressure area about 1,600 miles east of Miami is currently meandering over open waters. Subtropical systems contain a mix of mid-latitude and tropical characteristics. If this system is named, it will be drawn from the list of storms from the 2022 Atlantic hurricane season. The system is expected to become a subtropical cyclone on Wednesday. Subtropical storms may transition to tropical systems if they sit over warm water and aren’t disrupted by hostile high altitude winds. It will stay over water just warm enough to support a tropical system for the next few days.
More from WeatherMore posts in Weather »
- Widespread freezing forecasted before a Tuesday with more sunshine
- China just had the lowest temperature on record, minus 63 degrees.
- Developing storm will bring tornado hazard to the Gulf Coast and snow to the north
- How Turkey was covered by a cloud in the shape of a saucer on Thursday
- A new comet has emerged, but you’ll need to put forth some effort to notice it.