A storm system over the south central United States is about to unleash a blast of winter for some. There is a growing risk for tornadoes over parts of the Gulf Coast. Winter storm watches and warnings, a swell as winter weather advisories, span from New Mexico to Ohio. Storms is predicted to roll through Houston and Galveston during the early afternoon. Low pressure system should dive southeast over Chihuahua and Coahuila, Mexico. There’s a low-end chance of an isolated strong tornado from New Orleans toward Mobile, Ala.
More from WeatherMore posts in Weather »
- Widespread freezing forecasted before a Tuesday with more sunshine
- China just had the lowest temperature on record, minus 63 degrees.
- How Turkey was covered by a cloud in the shape of a saucer on Thursday
- A new comet has emerged, but you’ll need to put forth some effort to notice it.
- Sun today will give way to rain Sunday in the D.C. region.