High heat and humidity weigh us down again today with slightly higher odds of late-day showers and thunderstorms, and an even better chance of storms tomorrow. This summer stagnation should start easing by Thursday with significant improvement by Friday into the weekend. Friday and Saturday nights should be mostly clear and comfortable with a larger range of lows from the middle 50s (!) in the outer suburbs to the middle 60s in the city. The cherry on top is the very low, non-August-like humidity, with a chance for some 40s too. Friday to Sunday continues to look outrageously nice with sunny skies, highs only in the lower to middle 80s.
More from WeatherMore posts in Weather »
- P.M. Update: Delightful weather through the weekend
- D.C.-area forecast: Humidity disappears as mainly clear skies take hold
- PM Update: Blissful summertime conditions take hold through Friday
- Flood watch: Heavy storms probable in D.C. area this afternoon and evening
- D.C.-area forecast: Storm chances higher today before a totally different weather pattern