Late-day storms may bring flooding downpours, damaging wind gusts, and hail. Monday may offer our best chance of staying rain-free, less humid, and sunnier — but hotter. Sunnier and hotter conditions are expected Monday and Tuesday, with high temperatures in the low to mid-90s. High temperatures may top out in the upper 80s to low 90s at times, making it feel closer to the upper 90s or low 100s at some times. We may again see some raindrops as early as midday, but heavier thunderstorm rains should wait until later in the afternoon. We still have an evening chance for showers and storms, but stay tuned.
More from WeatherMore posts in Weather »
- P.M. Update: Delightful weather through the weekend
- D.C.-area forecast: Humidity disappears as mainly clear skies take hold
- PM Update: Blissful summertime conditions take hold through Friday
- Flood watch: Heavy storms probable in D.C. area this afternoon and evening
- D.C.-area forecast: Storm chances higher today before a totally different weather pattern