After a short break, the 90s are back in action as sunny skies prevail during this midweek period. Thursday should be the hottest day this week with sweltering highs in the mid-90s. Friday and the weekend provide a similar weather situation with some morning to midday sunshine before more afternoon and evening cloudiness and the chance for showers and storms. A cold front approaches and may stall, complicating the weekend forecast with daily shower and thunderstorm chances.
More from WeatherMore posts in Weather »
- P.M. Update: Delightful weather through the weekend
- D.C.-area forecast: Humidity disappears as mainly clear skies take hold
- PM Update: Blissful summertime conditions take hold through Friday
- Flood watch: Heavy storms probable in D.C. area this afternoon and evening
- D.C.-area forecast: Storm chances higher today before a totally different weather pattern