A heat advisory is in effect from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m., but only today is excessively hot. The weather for the next five days is going to be a little Florida-like by my reckoning. We heat up under mostly sunny skies, but with plenty of humidity, clouds pop up, and late-day showers and storms are a decent bet. Despite the storm chances, there’s still plenty of time for outdoor activities, but being caught in a storm is still a long shot.
More from WeatherMore posts in Weather »
- P.M. Update: Delightful weather through the weekend
- D.C.-area forecast: Humidity disappears as mainly clear skies take hold
- PM Update: Blissful summertime conditions take hold through Friday
- Flood watch: Heavy storms probable in D.C. area this afternoon and evening
- D.C.-area forecast: Storm chances higher today before a totally different weather pattern