High pressure dominates today, providing mostly sunny skies and keeping humidity in check. Temperatures should be in the more seasonable upper 80s to low 90s each day with plenty of humidity (dew points near 70) Friday through Sunday is a familiar summertime story with a stalled cold front nearby. Scattered storms could develop on any or all three days, mainly during the afternoon into evening, with each day carrying about a 40-50% chance seeing a storm at any given location.
More from WeatherMore posts in Weather »
- P.M. Update: Delightful weather through the weekend
- D.C.-area forecast: Humidity disappears as mainly clear skies take hold
- PM Update: Blissful summertime conditions take hold through Friday
- Flood watch: Heavy storms probable in D.C. area this afternoon and evening
- D.C.-area forecast: Storm chances higher today before a totally different weather pattern