A state employee responding to storm damage is killed in Selma, Alabama. A 5-year-old boy dies after pine tree falls onto car in Butts County, Ga., coroner says. A woman dies from what appears to be carbon monoxide poisoning in Orrville, Ala. A Georgia Department of Transportation employee was killed responding to storm damage, officials say. Selma Mayor James Perkins calls the damage in his town “tremendous”. The winter blitz of tornadoes struck some Georgians as odd, a Butts County official says.
More from WeatherMore posts in Weather »
- Widespread freezing forecasted before a Tuesday with more sunshine
- China just had the lowest temperature on record, minus 63 degrees.
- Developing storm will bring tornado hazard to the Gulf Coast and snow to the north
- How Turkey was covered by a cloud in the shape of a saucer on Thursday
- A new comet has emerged, but you’ll need to put forth some effort to notice it.