System is forecast to drop temperatures as much as 30 degrees below normal across most of the contiguous states. Could produce blizzard conditions across parts of the Plains and Midwest. Likely to cause widespread power outages in the days before Christmas, here are four things you can do to stay safe. The coldest December in decades could catch many people off-guard. Dress in multiple layers of loosefitting clothing, with moisture-wicking, non-cotton fabrics closest to the body. More than 112 million people are expected to travel at least 50 miles between Dec. 23 and Jan. 2.
More from WeatherMore posts in Weather »
- Widespread freezing forecasted before a Tuesday with more sunshine
- China just had the lowest temperature on record, minus 63 degrees.
- Developing storm will bring tornado hazard to the Gulf Coast and snow to the north
- How Turkey was covered by a cloud in the shape of a saucer on Thursday
- A new comet has emerged, but you’ll need to put forth some effort to notice it.