Republican officials in Arizona are refusing to certify their election results. If a congressional seat were to go to Democrats, Republicans’ expected 222-213 majority would be shaved to 221-214. The system is resilient enough to prevent this from happening, and it’s unlikely to happen. There are several ways the courts could force officials in Cochise County, Ariz., to certify their election results. The certification process is the most readily available leverage for election deniers. It’s a low-level felony for an elections official to “knowingly” fail to perform their duty.
More from PoliticsMore posts in Politics »
- Supreme Court slowly returns to the bench to issue rulings.
- In what ways was Kari Lake a poor choice? Such a terrible.
- The Supreme Court requests comment from the Biden administration on a social media lawsuit
- McCarthy promised to stop Jeffries from appointing Schiff and Swalwell to the intelligence panel.
- Kyrsten Sinema’s Arizona Senate seat is now occupied by Ruben Gallego.