Sen. Kyrsten Sinema (D-Ariz.) formally left the Democratic Party on Friday. She had informed Senate Majority Leader Charles E. Schumer earlier that she was leaving the party. With her in the Senate, Democrats have a clear majority that gives them control of committees and subpoena power. They also have the chance to move more executive branch and judicial nominations expeditiously.
More from PoliticsMore posts in Politics »
- Supreme Court slowly returns to the bench to issue rulings.
- In what ways was Kari Lake a poor choice? Such a terrible.
- The Supreme Court requests comment from the Biden administration on a social media lawsuit
- McCarthy promised to stop Jeffries from appointing Schiff and Swalwell to the intelligence panel.
- Kyrsten Sinema’s Arizona Senate seat is now occupied by Ruben Gallego.