NFTs are non-fungible tokens, bits of digital art created to be unique. In January, there were more than 322,000 sales of collectible NFTs a week. By September, trading volume had collapsed by 97 percent. This is in part because crypto itself has been hammered. The NFT fad has deflated. The art in the NFT line largely consists of clumsily Photoshopping Trump’s head onto manly, svelte figures — not necessarily something that someone might find worth an initial $99 investment.
More from PoliticsMore posts in Politics »
- Supreme Court slowly returns to the bench to issue rulings.
- In what ways was Kari Lake a poor choice? Such a terrible.
- The Supreme Court requests comment from the Biden administration on a social media lawsuit
- McCarthy promised to stop Jeffries from appointing Schiff and Swalwell to the intelligence panel.
- Kyrsten Sinema’s Arizona Senate seat is now occupied by Ruben Gallego.