Kyrsten Sinema’s vote could make or break Democrats’ social spending/climate package. She’s negotiating what she’ll vote for with only a handful of lawmakers and White House aides. Her office says she doesn’t negotiate policy details through the press. Lawmakers who stake their positions publicly can get burned when they have to give up some of what they want. Sanders sees media as a tool to make his case, not an obstacle to progress.
More from PoliticsMore posts in Politics »
- Supreme Court slowly returns to the bench to issue rulings.
- In what ways was Kari Lake a poor choice? Such a terrible.
- The Supreme Court requests comment from the Biden administration on a social media lawsuit
- McCarthy promised to stop Jeffries from appointing Schiff and Swalwell to the intelligence panel.
- Kyrsten Sinema’s Arizona Senate seat is now occupied by Ruben Gallego.