Matt Gaetz voted present, meaning he had to vote for someone other than Kevin McCarthy for speaker. Mike Rogers stormed over and leaned angrily toward Gaetz, seeming on verge of violence. Rogers was restrained by Richard Hudson (R-N.C.) and led out of the House.
More from PoliticsMore posts in Politics »
- Supreme Court slowly returns to the bench to issue rulings.
- In what ways was Kari Lake a poor choice? Such a terrible.
- The Supreme Court requests comment from the Biden administration on a social media lawsuit
- McCarthy promised to stop Jeffries from appointing Schiff and Swalwell to the intelligence panel.
- Kyrsten Sinema’s Arizona Senate seat is now occupied by Ruben Gallego.