Federal employees will be banned from using TikTok on government-owned devices. The measure is part of a $1.7 trillion omnibus spending bill to fund the U.S. government through most of 2023. Congress needs to pass the measure by Friday to avoid a partial government shutdown. TikTok is already banned from government devices at the White House and other federal agencies. A growing number of states, particularly Republican-leading ones, have banned the app out of fear that Chinese companies could be tracking Americans. TikTok has repeatedly pushed back on the charges.
More from PoliticsMore posts in Politics »
- Supreme Court slowly returns to the bench to issue rulings.
- In what ways was Kari Lake a poor choice? Such a terrible.
- The Supreme Court requests comment from the Biden administration on a social media lawsuit
- McCarthy promised to stop Jeffries from appointing Schiff and Swalwell to the intelligence panel.
- Kyrsten Sinema’s Arizona Senate seat is now occupied by Ruben Gallego.