In 2011, Donald Trump offered to release his tax returns if Barack Obama would release his birth certificate. Obama obliged, and Trump immediately backtracked from his commitment. By 2014, Trump was again rumbling about a 2016 bid; he hasn’t officially announced yet. When Donald Trump announced his candidacy in June 2015, he said he would release his tax returns. But his attorneys said that he had to wait until audits were over. There was no reason he couldn’t release his now-examined returns now, Trump said.
More from PoliticsMore posts in Politics »
- Supreme Court slowly returns to the bench to issue rulings.
- In what ways was Kari Lake a poor choice? Such a terrible.
- The Supreme Court requests comment from the Biden administration on a social media lawsuit
- McCarthy promised to stop Jeffries from appointing Schiff and Swalwell to the intelligence panel.
- Kyrsten Sinema’s Arizona Senate seat is now occupied by Ruben Gallego.