The riot at the Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021 would not have happened had it not been for Donald Trump. Trump’s months of dishonest and baseless claims about the election being stolen provided the central motive for the mob’s anger. It was also Trump’s encouragement that brought the members of the mob to D.C. A House committee report details the weapons seized from those who entered the secure area. Trump reportedly expressed frustration that a secure area just in front of the stage was only partially filled. He asked that the magnetometers (“mags”) be turned off and the space filled.
More from PoliticsMore posts in Politics »
- Supreme Court slowly returns to the bench to issue rulings.
- In what ways was Kari Lake a poor choice? Such a terrible.
- The Supreme Court requests comment from the Biden administration on a social media lawsuit
- McCarthy promised to stop Jeffries from appointing Schiff and Swalwell to the intelligence panel.
- Kyrsten Sinema’s Arizona Senate seat is now occupied by Ruben Gallego.