A court in Myanmar convicts ousted leader Aung San Suu Kyi of corruption. Sentencing her to seven years in prison, the action leaves her with 33 years to serve. The 77-year-old has also been convicted of illegally importing and possessing walkie-talkies. Win Myat Aye is now minister in a government established by opposition lawmakers. The defendants denied all charges, and her lawyers are expected to appeal.
More from PoliticsMore posts in Politics »
- Supreme Court slowly returns to the bench to issue rulings.
- In what ways was Kari Lake a poor choice? Such a terrible.
- The Supreme Court requests comment from the Biden administration on a social media lawsuit
- McCarthy promised to stop Jeffries from appointing Schiff and Swalwell to the intelligence panel.
- Kyrsten Sinema’s Arizona Senate seat is now occupied by Ruben Gallego.