President Biden’s plan would cancel up to $20,000 in federal student loan debt for borrowers. Lower courts have put the program on hold amid legal challenges. The Supreme Court will expedite review of the legality of the plan. The Department of Education will cancel up to $10,000 in federal student debt for borrowers. The issue comes before a court skeptical of the administration’s authority to impose pandemic-related relief. The Trump and Biden administrations invoked the law to suspend loan repayments during the pandemic.
More from PoliticsMore posts in Politics »
- Supreme Court slowly returns to the bench to issue rulings.
- In what ways was Kari Lake a poor choice? Such a terrible.
- The Supreme Court requests comment from the Biden administration on a social media lawsuit
- McCarthy promised to stop Jeffries from appointing Schiff and Swalwell to the intelligence panel.
- Kyrsten Sinema’s Arizona Senate seat is now occupied by Ruben Gallego.