The court issued a unanimous ruling that went against a veteran seeking expanded benefits. But the court dismissed a case it heard only two weeks ago. The 105 days between the first oral argument and the first opinion is a record for the court’s longest period, legal scholar says. The court’s investigation was unable to identify the leaker of sensitive documents. Hard feelings exist among the justices over the decision overturning nearly 50 years of Supreme Court precedent. The court’s calendar is frontloaded with controversial cases that likely will take longer to decide and write.
More from PoliticsMore posts in Politics »
- In what ways was Kari Lake a poor choice? Such a terrible.
- The Supreme Court requests comment from the Biden administration on a social media lawsuit
- McCarthy promised to stop Jeffries from appointing Schiff and Swalwell to the intelligence panel.
- Kyrsten Sinema’s Arizona Senate seat is now occupied by Ruben Gallego.
- Little GOP reflection on election skepticism even after the killings in New Mexico