Biden grants full pardons to six people, including a decorated Army veteran and an 80-year-old woman. Among those granted pardons are individuals who volunteered in their communities and mentored young people. Former President Donald Trump issued 144 pardons and sentence commutations. Edward Lincoln De Coito III, 50, of Dublin, California, pleaded guilty to involvement in a marijuana trafficking conspiracy. Vincente Ray Flores, 37, of Winters, Calif., consumed ecstasy and alcohol at age 19 while serving in the military. Beverly Ann Ibn-Tamas, 80, was convicted of murder in the second degree while armed for killing her husband.
More from PoliticsMore posts in Politics »
- Supreme Court slowly returns to the bench to issue rulings.
- In what ways was Kari Lake a poor choice? Such a terrible.
- The Supreme Court requests comment from the Biden administration on a social media lawsuit
- McCarthy promised to stop Jeffries from appointing Schiff and Swalwell to the intelligence panel.
- Kyrsten Sinema’s Arizona Senate seat is now occupied by Ruben Gallego.