The House will vote Tuesday on a GOP resolution to create a select subcommittee. The subcommittee would be led by Rep. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio). The committee would be empowered to investigate any federal agency that collects information about Americans, even in cases of an ongoing criminal investigation. House Republicans have proposed creating a subcommittee to investigate the FBI’s investigation of President Donald Trump. The Justice Department has often clashed with congressional committees over what information it shares with them.
More from PoliticsMore posts in Politics »
- Supreme Court slowly returns to the bench to issue rulings.
- In what ways was Kari Lake a poor choice? Such a terrible.
- The Supreme Court requests comment from the Biden administration on a social media lawsuit
- McCarthy promised to stop Jeffries from appointing Schiff and Swalwell to the intelligence panel.
- Kyrsten Sinema’s Arizona Senate seat is now occupied by Ruben Gallego.