We looked at vote data from the past 10 Congresses to see if there’s any truth to that claim. Party conformity is the percentage of votes from a party that aligns with the majority position. In House, Democrats voted with their party 90.4 percent of the time; Republicans 89.3 percent. In Senate, Democrats lined up with party 89.8 percent of times; Republicans only 86.6 percent. Most common conformity percentage for each party was 97 percent in House; 98 percent in Senate.
More from PoliticsMore posts in Politics »
- Supreme Court slowly returns to the bench to issue rulings.
- In what ways was Kari Lake a poor choice? Such a terrible.
- The Supreme Court requests comment from the Biden administration on a social media lawsuit
- McCarthy promised to stop Jeffries from appointing Schiff and Swalwell to the intelligence panel.
- Kyrsten Sinema’s Arizona Senate seat is now occupied by Ruben Gallego.