19 states have asked the Supreme Court to keep in place a pandemic-era policy that allows rapid expulsion of migrants. The Biden administration is set to end the policy on Dec. 21. Advocates went to court seeking to fully reopen the borders and restore asylum proceedings. The panel includes judges nominated by presidents of both parties. Title 42 has allowed U.S. officials to regulate migration by expelling migrants, often within minutes of their arrival. About 69,000 of the 11 million undocumented immigrants in the country were deported last year.
More from PoliticsMore posts in Politics »
- Supreme Court slowly returns to the bench to issue rulings.
- In what ways was Kari Lake a poor choice? Such a terrible.
- The Supreme Court requests comment from the Biden administration on a social media lawsuit
- McCarthy promised to stop Jeffries from appointing Schiff and Swalwell to the intelligence panel.
- Kyrsten Sinema’s Arizona Senate seat is now occupied by Ruben Gallego.