Nassau County District Attorney Anne T. Donnelly says she is opening an investigation into Rep.-elect George Santos. An explosive New York Times story detailed lies Santos told about his background. Also unclear is the exact source of the $700,000 Santos claimed to have loaned his campaign. George Santos won an open congressional seat on Long Island held by a Democrat. With that victory, Santos made headlines as the first non-incumbent who is an openly gay Republican to be elected to Congress. Some Democrats have called for Santos not to be seated as a member of Congress.
More from PoliticsMore posts in Politics »
- Supreme Court slowly returns to the bench to issue rulings.
- In what ways was Kari Lake a poor choice? Such a terrible.
- The Supreme Court requests comment from the Biden administration on a social media lawsuit
- McCarthy promised to stop Jeffries from appointing Schiff and Swalwell to the intelligence panel.
- Kyrsten Sinema’s Arizona Senate seat is now occupied by Ruben Gallego.