Many South Carolina Republicans are yet to pick a presidential candidate for Donald Trump’s 2024 campaign. Nikki Haley and Sen. Tim Scott are said by people close to them to be seriously considering a bid. The result foretells a Trump launch event in the early primary state next week. The president of an influential group says there is “a little bit of softening” of support for Trump. Several state lawmakers have told Trump’s team they will not be able to attend his Jan. 28 rally.
More from PoliticsMore posts in Politics »
- Supreme Court slowly returns to the bench to issue rulings.
- In what ways was Kari Lake a poor choice? Such a terrible.
- The Supreme Court requests comment from the Biden administration on a social media lawsuit
- McCarthy promised to stop Jeffries from appointing Schiff and Swalwell to the intelligence panel.
- Kyrsten Sinema’s Arizona Senate seat is now occupied by Ruben Gallego.