Rep. Ralph Norman says he will not support Rep. Kevin McCarthy’s bid to become speaker. Norman wants assurances that House Republicans will enact spending cuts and balance the federal budget. Rep. Scott Perry is pushing for procedural changes and immediate votes on issues such as term limits. McCarthy allies grew increasingly frustrated as the holdouts refused to budge. Critics have accused them of being inconsistent and unclear about what they want. “They want to pull the pins on the grenades and lock the doors,” Rep. Dan Crenshaw (R-Tex.) said.
More from PoliticsMore posts in Politics »
- Supreme Court slowly returns to the bench to issue rulings.
- In what ways was Kari Lake a poor choice? Such a terrible.
- The Supreme Court requests comment from the Biden administration on a social media lawsuit
- McCarthy promised to stop Jeffries from appointing Schiff and Swalwell to the intelligence panel.
- Kyrsten Sinema’s Arizona Senate seat is now occupied by Ruben Gallego.