Solomon Peña is accused of conspiring with four accomplices to drive past officials’ homes and fire at them. Police allege he intended to cause “serious injury or death” to the people inside their homes. One of the targets says the shootings are part of a lineage of violence that stems from Trump’s claims of a stolen election. Albuquerque Police Chief Harold Medina says he has no doubt that the attack was motivated by Donald Trump’s claims of election fraud. New Mexico state Sen. Linda Lopez’s home had bullet holes in the drywall from previous attacks, police say. Peña served nearly seven years in prison on convictions related to burglary, larceny and other charges.
More from PoliticsMore posts in Politics »
- Supreme Court slowly returns to the bench to issue rulings.
- In what ways was Kari Lake a poor choice? Such a terrible.
- The Supreme Court requests comment from the Biden administration on a social media lawsuit
- McCarthy promised to stop Jeffries from appointing Schiff and Swalwell to the intelligence panel.
- Kyrsten Sinema’s Arizona Senate seat is now occupied by Ruben Gallego.