Committee is expected to vote on referring Trump for three charges: obstruction of an official proceeding of Congress, conspiracy to defraud the United States and insurrection. Central actors who aided Trump in his efforts to overturn the results of the 2020 election will be called out by name. The committee will vote on the referrals in a public hearing Monday at 1 p.m. Eastern time. The report is expected to largely mirror the set of public hearings presented by the committee. It will be bolstered by additional evidence and information that had been omitted from previous presentations.
More from PoliticsMore posts in Politics »
- Supreme Court slowly returns to the bench to issue rulings.
- In what ways was Kari Lake a poor choice? Such a terrible.
- The Supreme Court requests comment from the Biden administration on a social media lawsuit
- McCarthy promised to stop Jeffries from appointing Schiff and Swalwell to the intelligence panel.
- Kyrsten Sinema’s Arizona Senate seat is now occupied by Ruben Gallego.