McCarthy’s allies invoke nightmare scenario for House Freedom Caucus if they can’t stop moderates from picking speaker. In 2007, 16 Republicans chose a moderate Democrat-cum-independent to be speaker of the Ohio House. Democrats avoided allowing the temporary GOP majority to put laws they opposed on the ballot. Could this happen in the U.S. House?
More from PoliticsMore posts in Politics »
- Supreme Court slowly returns to the bench to issue rulings.
- In what ways was Kari Lake a poor choice? Such a terrible.
- The Supreme Court requests comment from the Biden administration on a social media lawsuit
- McCarthy promised to stop Jeffries from appointing Schiff and Swalwell to the intelligence panel.
- Kyrsten Sinema’s Arizona Senate seat is now occupied by Ruben Gallego.