Title 42, which allowed border agents to expel migrants during the coronavirus pandemic, expires this week. Texas Gov. Greg Abbott warned of “total chaos” if courts don’t keep Title 42 in place. El Paso Mayor Oscar Leeser declared a state of emergency ahead of Title 42’s expiration. El Paso, Texas, U.S. Customs and Border Patrol chief John Leeser says the El Paso sector could be overwhelmed by thousands of new migrants this week. Officials from both parties have warned that Title 42, the Obama administration’s hard-line policy on the border, could be lifted.
More from PoliticsMore posts in Politics »
- Supreme Court slowly returns to the bench to issue rulings.
- In what ways was Kari Lake a poor choice? Such a terrible.
- The Supreme Court requests comment from the Biden administration on a social media lawsuit
- McCarthy promised to stop Jeffries from appointing Schiff and Swalwell to the intelligence panel.
- Kyrsten Sinema’s Arizona Senate seat is now occupied by Ruben Gallego.