McConnell revisits criticism he made last summer about poor candidate quality in Senate races. Candidates like Herschel Walker were not particularly strong on the stump. Incumbents won, and open seats in states that heavily favored one party won. There were 10 Senate races in states that backed Biden or Trump by less than 10 points in 2020. In every place where that combination was in play, the GOP challenger lost.
More from PoliticsMore posts in Politics »
- Supreme Court slowly returns to the bench to issue rulings.
- In what ways was Kari Lake a poor choice? Such a terrible.
- The Supreme Court requests comment from the Biden administration on a social media lawsuit
- McCarthy promised to stop Jeffries from appointing Schiff and Swalwell to the intelligence panel.
- Kyrsten Sinema’s Arizona Senate seat is now occupied by Ruben Gallego.