McCarthy says he’s willing to look at expunging impeachments of Donald Trump by Democrats. Trump was impeached twice during his four-year presidency. McCarthy expressed sympathy for Trump regarding allegations of colluding with Russians in his 2016 campaign and other things Trump “went through”. Rep. Kevin McCarthy and Rep. Elise Stefanik were critical of President Donald Trump’s impeachment over the Jan. 6, 2018, incident. McCarthy had voted against impeaching Trump; Trump endorsed him for speaker.
More from PoliticsMore posts in Politics »
- Supreme Court slowly returns to the bench to issue rulings.
- In what ways was Kari Lake a poor choice? Such a terrible.
- The Supreme Court requests comment from the Biden administration on a social media lawsuit
- McCarthy promised to stop Jeffries from appointing Schiff and Swalwell to the intelligence panel.
- Kyrsten Sinema’s Arizona Senate seat is now occupied by Ruben Gallego.