House Minority Leader Hakeem Jeffries has recommended Reps. Adam B. Schiff and Eric Swalwell be reappointed to the House Intelligence Committee. The recommendation escalates a clash with House Speaker Kevin McCarthy, who has vowed to deny spots on the panel to both California Democrats. Speaker of the House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy is considering barring Rep. Adam Schiff and Rep. Eric Swalwell from serving on the Intelligence Committee. McCarthy has argued that Schiff’s conduct during the impeachment investigation of President Donald Trump made him unfit to sit on the panel.
More from PoliticsMore posts in Politics »
- Supreme Court slowly returns to the bench to issue rulings.
- In what ways was Kari Lake a poor choice? Such a terrible.
- The Supreme Court requests comment from the Biden administration on a social media lawsuit
- Kyrsten Sinema’s Arizona Senate seat is now occupied by Ruben Gallego.
- Little GOP reflection on election skepticism even after the killings in New Mexico