House Republicans are set to vote Monday evening on the chamber’s rules. Among them is one that would make it easier for McCarthy’s detractors to start the process of removing him. President Biden plans to meet with Mexican President Andrés Manuel López Obrador. White House officials are planning to counter an expected onslaught of investigations by GOP lawmakers. The Post’s Paul Kane notes that the co-founders of the House Freedom Caucus were on opposite sides of Washington’s biggest fight: McCarthy’s marathon attempt to become House speaker.
More from PoliticsMore posts in Politics »
- Supreme Court slowly returns to the bench to issue rulings.
- In what ways was Kari Lake a poor choice? Such a terrible.
- The Supreme Court requests comment from the Biden administration on a social media lawsuit
- McCarthy promised to stop Jeffries from appointing Schiff and Swalwell to the intelligence panel.
- Kyrsten Sinema’s Arizona Senate seat is now occupied by Ruben Gallego.