Jim Jordan and Mark Meadows are the co-founders of the House Freedom Caucus. Members of the caucus acknowledge that Meadows served as spiritual adviser during their clashes with McCarthy. Today’s Freedom Caucus is very different from the group’s early days. Of the 20 Republicans who repeatedly voted against Kevin McCarthy, just three have served more than three terms.
More from PoliticsMore posts in Politics »
- Supreme Court slowly returns to the bench to issue rulings.
- In what ways was Kari Lake a poor choice? Such a terrible.
- The Supreme Court requests comment from the Biden administration on a social media lawsuit
- McCarthy promised to stop Jeffries from appointing Schiff and Swalwell to the intelligence panel.
- Kyrsten Sinema’s Arizona Senate seat is now occupied by Ruben Gallego.